Saturday, February 5, 2011

Each member of the team is asked: Why do you want to go on take flight?

Jeffrey Webb - I thought the Take Flight program sounded interesting but didn't know if taking a whole year off post secondary education would be wise. After a great deal of prayer and talking to key spiritual leaders in my life I decided it was what God wanted for me. My goal on the trip is to use the skills and abilities with which I have been equipped by God to further His kingdom.

Megan Cushnie - After going to montreal for two weeks on gear up, i wanted to try a longer missions trip outside of canada. i thought it would be a great opportunity to serve others, and take a step of faith as i stepped outside of my comfort zone

Hannah Barrett - After going on Gear Up for 2 years, I became interested in missions. I planned to take a year off but did not know what I was going to do. After researching many missions trips I heard about take flight, and felt God telling me to go. I know this will be a great learning experience, as well as an oppourtunity to grow in my faith as we serve the people of Northern Ireland..

Monica Byleveld - I love serving others and have been doing it locally for the last year and a half and decided to do it internationally. i was taking off a year after school but didnt just want to work. i wanted to do something meaningful and take flight was the perfect opportunity. I love serving the less fortunate and can not wait to see the holy spirit work through not only us but the people of ireland.

Rebecca Eerkes - I was struggling with the decision of going to school or doing Take Flight, and I think God helped me realize what a great opportunity this is. Many of my family and friends also encouraged me to take part in this. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone and experience a different culture as well as grow in my faith. I'm really excited to serve the people of Ireland and share God's love.

Dylan Bleijerveld - I love mission trips because I love the opportunity to see God at work thru the people I meet. Thru the past year I have had many people point put how passionate I am about youth and should get involved. Since then I have been volenteering at a youth center in my local area. I have a blast just hangin out with these youth and getting to know them. And it makes me real excited that I can do that in Ireland as well.

Paul Klassen - I chose Take Flight for a completely new and different experience. I'd never been on a missions trip before and I thought that this would be a great experience that would help me grow in my faith while helping others in an area of conflict.

Stacey Kuipery - Last year i was completely ready to go to university, but as Take Flight was being talked about I felt God's calling to be part of this program. I love being part of missions trips and seeing what God is doing in different parts of the world. I can't wait to continue to spread God's love into Ireland.

 Larissa Leonard - I thought I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life: Graduate and go to university for psychology, but something didn't quite feel right. Many of my family members had taken part in Take Flight in the past and had only good things to say and so when I heard we were going to Ireland I jumped at the chance to be on the team. I love serving others, and can't wait to spread the love in Ireland!

1 comment:

  1. friend of Meg's here.. just popping in to say, have a GREAT flight today.. praying for your trip! Amy Leyenhorst

    ReplyDelete